By Jocelyn Gallardo And Joy Patterson
Welcome back to our second addition of Fall Foods Recipes! This time we are giving you another easy recipe on how to make your own caramel dipping sauce for your apples. This classic autumn food is perfect for parties and after school snacks. Now let’s get our cooking on!
- 1 packed cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of half-and-half
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Mix the first four ingredients into a sauce pan over medium-low heat
- Cook while whisking for 5-7 mins until the mixture thickens
- Add vanilla and continue stirring for another minute until thicker
- Turn off heat and pour mixture into a heat safe jar
- Put into refrigerator until it is cool
Enjoy and keep an eye out for more fall favorites!