by Jubilee Lettieri and Hailey Zheng
Christmas is coming! It’s always fun to decorate and especially get presents! One of the most fun things to do during Christmas is making decorations! Here are some fun was to make them.
- styrofoam ball
- lots of sewing needles
- Start with your foam ball and sequins.
- Lay some sequins on the foam ball and stick it down but applying a sewing needle through the middle of it.
- Do this through out the ball
Perler Bead Ornaments
- Perler beads
- Peg board
- Wax paper
Make your design with beads using peg board
- After you finish your design lay the wax paper over the design
- Iron your design with the wax paper
- peel the wax paper off
- Pull a piece of string through a hole anywhere you like
Snowy Mason Jar
- Americana Decou-Page (Glue-Sealer-Finish) 2oz – Americana Decou-Page Matte
- Epsom Salt
- Mason Jars
- Optional: twine, Christmas picks
- Begin by covering the jar with decoupage glue.
- Cover the entire jar with epsom salt. This will make the jar appear like it’s covered in snow. It also looks beautiful when a candle is lit.
- Tie twine around the mouth of the jar and hot glue mixed berries and picks.
- A simple and easy to make mason jar craft that’s perfect for the holiday season.
For more details visit
- popsicle/craft sticks
- hot glue
- small paintbrush
- paint color of choice
(paintbrush and paint can be substituted with spraypaint)
- Using 6 sticks, form an asterisk and use the hot glue to paste the sticks together.
To be exact, each stick should be placed 30 degrees apart (use a protractor).
- Form the points to the star like so: <insert image>
- Add any unique designs to the end of the star with hot glue.
- Lay down some newspaper and paint the sticks with the color of your choice.
For more snowflake designs, visit http://www.craftynest.com/2009/12/giant-craft-stick-snowflakes/