By Joy Patterson and Simona Zaunius
With the recent start of school come many important events! Here are some of the most important upcoming dates in the first half of the year. Be sure to mark your calendar so you do not miss out on any of the fun!
- Monday, September 19 is Back to School Night here at the school. This is an evening where parents can meet their children’s teachers and see what their kids have been and will be doing during the school year.
- Parent lunch days occur on the first Thursday of every month. This includes the next three dates: October 6, November 3, and December 1.
- Friday, October 14th is the infamous picture day. Be sure to dress nice and wear your best smiles!
- On Monday, October 31 there is no school. The school calls it a “Professional Learning Day,” but it suspiciously falls on the same day as Halloween.
- On Friday, November 11th, there will be no school in order to recognize the veterans who have risked their lives for our country.
- November 17th and 18th are the showing nights of our school’s fall production: Much Ado Out West. Be sure to come and watch this hillbilly comedy!
- November 21-25 is the Thanksgiving/Fall break which means no school and lots of food!
- Thursday, December 15th is the day where all of Mrs. Dutton’s hard-working students get to perform! The Winter Music Concert is a free event where Mrs. Dutton’s Choir, Band, Orchestra, and award-winning jazz band show off all the skills they have learned in the first semester.
- Monday December 19th thru Monday, January 2nd: Holiday winter break. No school.
- Tuesday January 3rd 2017: First day of class in 2017!
Be sure to know what the upcoming events are so you can be prepared when these days come!