By Chloe Buckley
As everyone is getting into the fall spirit, and looking for some tasty treats to make it’s a perfect time for a recipe. This recipe was found on www.allrecipe’s.org and it’s a great recipe to get you into the spirit. Let’s get into Paul’s Pumpkin Bars.
- 4 eggs
- 1 ⅔ cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) pumpkin puree
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, soften
- ½ cup butter, soften
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, mix the 4 eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until mixture is combined
- Pour the mixture into a 10×15 inch jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven. Let it cool down before applying the frosting
- To make the frosting, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the vanilla and add the confectioners’ sugar. Once mixed, spread across the top of the cooled bars.
- Cut into squares
Enjoy the tasty treats, and get into the spirit!