By Lila Gibson
With Halloween right around the corner, everyone has started making special treats for the occasion. Ranging from pumpkin cookies to candy graveyards. With all of the new things people are trying, traditional Halloween recipes are being forgotten. I found this recipe on www.tasteofhome.com and its a good recipe to make if your having a Halloween party, or are just trying to get in the Halloween spirit.
- 1 package (11 ½ ounces) milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 packages (14 ounces each) caramels
- ¼ cup water
- 8 large apples, room temperature
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 3 to 4 butterfinger candy bars, coarsely crushed (optional)
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth and set it aside.
- In another bowl, microwave the caramels and water, uncovered, on high for 1 minute and then stir. Heat 30-45 seconds longer or until the caramels are melted; stir until smooth
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Wash and dry the apples. Insert a popsicle stick into each; dip into the caramel mixture; turning it to coat. Place on the pan. If wanted, drizzle melted chocolate on top and sprinkle it with the crushed candy bars.
- Refrigerate until set. Remove 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings
I hope you enjoy these tasty Halloween treats, and have fun making them!