By Kelly Meeder
Hello there! Happy fall! I have a recipe for you (As you could see by the title) and it’s really easy and yummy anytime of the year, whether it’s actually fall, or you’re crazy for baking, these cream-cheese-Pumpkin-spice-cinnamon-dusted glazed pumpkin bread cupcakes are AMAZING. I think they’re the embodiment of the sound of leaves crunching. Here we go.
You will need:
Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Bread mix (and then actually make the batter)
A little bit of cinnamon (one or two pinches)
You will need:
- The filling of 10-15 Pumpkin spice Jo-Jo’s (The oreo-like cookies)
- 8 ounces (1 cup or 2 sticks) butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and completely softened at room temperature
- two 8-ounce packages light cream cheese, cut into pieces and completely softened at room temperature
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- More cinnamon (one or two pinches)
PUT IT ALL TOGETHER, NOW
- Bake Trader Joe’s Pumpkin bread in cupcake pans according to box and let ‘em cool
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the cream cheese one piece at a time, beating well after each addition.
- When all the cream cheese is incorporated, reduce the speed to medium low and gradually add the vanilla and then the sugar, in 3 to 4 additions. Mix until the frosting is very fluffy, and add in a little of the cinnamon and mash in the filling of the JoJo’s.
- Frost the cupcakes and dust them with cinnamon
(I would definitely recommend eating these with hot apple cider)